In this section
Fees and charges
The Westport Harbour fees and charges schedule is reviewed annually and notified in Buller District Council's Annual Plan.
The listed fees and charges are effective from 1 July 2023 to 30 June 2024 and are inclusive of GST.
Fees and charges
(All fees are exclusive of GST. Per day rates - minimum 24 hours)
- Special Soundings (at the request of Ship’s Master or Agent) Monday-Friday (0700 hrs - 1800 hrs) - $400.00 per hour or part thereof
- All other times - $580 per hour for the first hour; and $350 per hour for the second and subsequent hours or part thereof.
- Per hour for the first hour - $580.00
- Per hour for the second and subsequent hours or part thereof - $350.00
- Advertisements - Actual cost
- Fish - $8.20 per metric ton or part thereof (minimum $40.00)
- Other commodities - Price by request
- Vessels that are not commercial fishing vessels and do not have a permanent berth - A daily charge of $2.40 per metre or part metre of the overall length of the vessel with a minimum charge of $31.31 per day
- Fishing charter vessel - A daily charge of $2.52 per metre or part metre of the overall length of the vessel
- Commercial fishing vessel 20m (LOA) and over - $260.00 per entry (includes entry/advisory fee) plus $2.20 per metre per day
- A vessel requiring a ‘layup’ berth - A monthly charge of $40.00 per metre or part metre of the overall length of the vessel payable in advance plus any costs involved in the supply of three phase or other shore power
- All other permanent berth holders
- An annual charge of $170.10 per metre or part metre of the overall length of the vessel
- An annual charge of $100 per metre or part metre of the overall length of the vessel for pole mooring (non powered)
- Six-months tuna special - The rate is $85 per boat metre or part metre This allows the vessel to be tied up as many times as desired between 1 Jan and 30 June in any one season.
(Note a six month rate will be applied to annual and floating berth holders from July to December 2022 inclusive).
- Monday-Friday (0700 hrs - 1800 hrs) - $60.00 per hour, per person
- All other times - $80.00 per hour, per person (Minimum charge - 1 hour per person)
- Punt hire - $25.00 per hour
- Haulage (up/down) - $600.00 minimum charge (this includes 5 days applicable cradle charge)
- Daily cradle charge - $100.00 per day
- Electricity connection fee - $32.50
- Electricity (metered supply charge) - $1.00 per kWh (a cleaning fee of up to $500.00 will be charged if the site is left untidy)
- Replacement Card - $50.00 per card.