In this section
Westport Harbour is committed to providing and maintaining a safe working environment for all workers, through good communication and working relationships with all port users.
We expect everyone to take personal accountability for safety and comply with all relevant rules and legislation.
Westport Harbour will ensure that:
- Healthy and safe working conditions are provided.
- Health and Safety hazards are identified, eliminated, isolated or controlled.
- Health and Safety systems are in place and reviewed regularly.
- Everyone has the right and responsibility to stop an activity if they believe it is unsafe or fails to meet our Health and Safety standards.
Everyone at Westport Harbour will:
- Hold each other accountable for working safely.
- Observe, practice, and encourage healthy and safe work methods.
- Report or rectify any unhealthy or unsafe work conditions or equipment.
- Report all incidents, including near misses.
- Wear and maintain personal protective equipment.
- Ensure the correct type and fit of personal protective equipment is chosen for the job.
- Participate in health and safety training provided by the Council.